Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What the Heck is Going On?

Seems I'm doing a lot of posts directly in Blogger, which is weird for me: I usually prefer to write them in Word, then paste. I don't know why. Probably for the same reason I don't converse much: what the heck do I say, and what if I say something really stupid? You can't take it back. Well what if I write something stupid?

And all the critics say: "Too late."

Nasty weekend/first two days of the week. Ick. Homework, housework, work work -- and no write work? That's just wrong. I've neglected most of my friends, my fiancee a little, my work-outs, and God. Funny that in chapel today the speaker talked (spoke?) about extravagant devotion to God. Gee, just when I wasn't doing that.
So now I realize God does more than give me finances when I need them -- is it strange I didn't want to say "God gave me cash" just there? And do you think a bank would refuse a check from God? Actually, they probably might. But I digress -- He also gives me advice. Little nudges. "Hey, turn around; remember me? I've missed you."

"I know. I missed you too, God. I've just been really busy lately."

"I know, I was there. You looked like you needed a hug."

"Yeah."

"I had one ready for you. I always do."

"Yeah I know."

I think God would be cool, like that. I don't really appreciate some of the preponderance of the focus these days on just God's love -- which He has a tremendous amount, I know. But I also don't like the dualistic split between Old and New Testament. They both speak about the same God, you know. And there's definitely some wrath going on in those Old Testament books. But He does love us, all of us, all the time -- and I think, when we're stressed out, He would give us a hug if we asked for it.

And maybe, just maybe, I can get some writing done. The novel is still being previewed by an author-friend, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of synopsis to put in a query, should the need for one arise. Other than that, I got tons of school. Fun fun.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment