Monday, January 2, 2012

So This Is The New Year

There’s something about weekends – or maybe it’s just that the past two weekends have been holidays. Some reason, I can’t seem to keep up with my blog on Thursday and Friday. I apologize for that, and for how long this means I’ll be running the “Emotion du jour” series...we might finish this year.
What I wanted to do for you guys on Friday was give a glimpse of what I’ve been seeing when I have a day where I have no obligations but to write. When I can wake up after enough sleep, and spend my time reading, writing my book, writing my blog, and et cetera. Unfortunately, the day I decided to keep track of what I did was the day the hard drive on my computer failed. My three-month-old computer.
It’s at HP now getting a new drive, and I’ve lost all of that. Fortunately, I was able to plug ahead and get all the revisions done on Friday that I had previously done Monday through Thursday. I also did a few more, so if I list the items of what I’ve revised, there are 25 places where I tweaked something in the story. About three or four of them came about from advice from a friend; the rest were just sitting and thinking about the book. Great fun.
Then the weekend hit, and I ended up waking up at 12:30pm on Friday, sleeping for three hours in the wee hours of Saturday morning, then staying awake through New Year’s and going to church. I’ve been pretty much only sleeping since 1pm yesterday. Oh, I did read more of East of Eden last night, and I finished up the revisions this morning. It may be time, finally and truly, to begin turning to book two as I seek to get book one published. And I have to catch up on my reading, which suffered during New Year’s as well.
If you were wondering, I’m not one of those to make New Year’s Resolutions. I do, however, look forward to getting married this August; and I will continue my efforts to get published, so let’s see if this is the year I get an agent and a publisher. And yes, I’m starting P90X next week in an attempt to regain some of the vitality of my youth. After all, I do have a wife to carry across the threshold this summer; and while she is beautiful and petite, I am astonishingly weak. I wouldn’t mind being in better shape, so I’m starting that. Oh, and I get to graduate this December.
It’s going to be a good year. See you tomorrow.

1 comment: