Monday, November 28, 2011

Swift Update

It’s been an eventful month, whether anyone was curious or not. I’ve gotten hooked up with an alumnus from my college who has published one series of books, and is working on another series now; in the next few days I’ll be sending him some ideas and hoping to get feedback on where to go with my books.

See, the things is, I started looking at my series as a whole the other day. I wrote quick, one paragraph to half-page synopses of all 8 (it used to be nine, now it’s eight) books, and have begun to see tremendous inter-weaving of all plots. Which is good; I wanted that to happen: but now it becomes a little more critical in which order the books are published. It still won’t matter in what order they are read, at least for the first six books, and at least as far as understanding the series as a whole. But I believe the reader experience will be heightened by reading them in a particular order. The problem is, I don’t know what that order needs to be.

So that’s what will be happening this week, in between getting back to school-work and preparing for finals, and everything else I’ll have going on. It’s time to stop being short-sighted, and really look at this casserole that’s been stewing for about ten years now. I’ll still be posting little writing pieces twice a week, and blogs about Christianity and writing the other three days – and I’ll still be writing in general. What I will not be is stationary – that I guarantee.

So stay tuned, and let’s see where this adventure train takes us next. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment