Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!




Happy new year, everybody! I decided to test everyone’s limits on the phrase “Better late than never.” I may even wish you another happy new year in August, just to see if you still stick to it.
But it is a new year, and I’ve got a lot of new things going on. I’ve got a new iPhone, with new apps that allow me to create Tasks to complete and times to complete them. I have a new schedule, and a new plan of eating (I would say “diet” but that word has changed meanings these days, in a way I don’t intend it).
I have a new degree, and new opportunities for employment that I’m not taking advantage of yet.
And I have a new relationship with God: whenever I catch myself thinking sinful thoughts, or if I think of my new commitment to Him, I immediately say some variant of “Father, don’t leave me.” Because I’m a child, and Satan prowls like a lion, seeking whom he may devour; because there is darkness, thorns, rocks, and crows out there, and I need my Father to protect me.  Because I used to cry out to Him only when I’d fallen, instead of asking Him to help me walk.
So here I am, putting my hand to the plow and trying not to look back; it’s a new year of writing: college is done, my degree completed, and it’s time to pick up the keyboard and write. Starting right now.
See you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment